[UFO Chicago] Re: luni-announce digest, Vol 1 #39 - 2 msgs

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:41:19 -0800

begin  Mike McCune  quotation:
> For this in the Western 'burbs, Chicago Computer Society is starting
> a Linux Special Interest Group. The details are below. Just be sure
> to let Arun know if you plan on coming. For all you UFOers, it is
> over at 8 so there is time to make the UFO meeting at George's.

	Okay, so I'm posting this from California, and I am not
allowed to talk shit about you guys, but I have to wonder.

	Is the Chicago COmputer Society JUST NOW IN 2002 deciding to
set up a Linux SIG?  I guess all the computer clubs around here did
that in 1994, and noticed by 1997 that the Linux SIG tails were
wagging the computer club dogs.  I'd be skeptical (though helpful!)
about a Linux SIG that took this long to form.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end