[UFO Chicago] Wow, Score for O'Reilly!

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:01:07 -0700

begin  Ian Bicking  quotation:
> Otherwise Unix Power Tools might make people feel smarter and serve
> as a source of trivia.  And of course we've all been looking to
> become more effective awk programmers, right?  I've always felt awk
> was the language for the new millennium.

	So here's my thoughts on this:

UPT is a kickass book.  It's a great book to just open up to the
middle and start reading.  100% recommended.

As for awk, it's a GREAT language, but I recommend the FSF's book over
any of those published by O'Reilly.  The GAWK book is super primo
eleet.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end