[UFO Chicago] [Fwd: Fw:]

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 20:08:08 -0500

Funny, but also highly accurate.

-------- Original Message --------

http://www.urbanreflex.com/may24_02/record.html

Music Industry Unveils New Piracy-Proof Format: A Black, Plastic Disc
With Grooves On It

Music bosses have unveiled a revolutionary new recording format that
they hope will help win the war on illegal file sharing which is thought
to be costing the industry millions of dollars in lost revenue.

Nicknamed the 'Record', the new format takes the form of a black, vinyl
disc measuring 12 inches in diameter, which must be played on a
specially designed 'turntable'.

"We can state with absolute certainty that no computer in the world can
access the data on this disc," said spokesman Brett Campbell. "We are
also confident that no-one is going to be able to produce pirate copies
in this format without going to a heck of a lot of trouble. This is
without doubt the best anti-piracy invention the music industry has ever
seen."