[UFO Chicago] optimization of OpenGL/SDL

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
28 Jul 2002 14:03:17 -0500

I was just trying to run Cube (http://wouter.fov120.com/cube/index.php4)
on Linux, and it starts up fine but is terribly slow.  This seems to be
how every 3D/openGL program works for me -- all very slow.

Anybody have ideas on what I'm missing?  I'm running Debian unstable,
XFree 4.1, SDL 1.2, etc... I have Utah-GLX installed as well (the OpenGL
libraries?).  I have a Matrox G200 card, which isn't speedy but should
be better than it is.

I feel like there's some configuration option I'm missing somewhere, so
the pieces just aren't coming together efficiently.

Fullscreen non-3D programs work fine -- I think that means DRI is set up
properly (?).  Ideas?

  Ian