[UFO Chicago] Old hardware

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:51:54 -0500

I have a couple of pieces of old hardware which I am unable to use
because I lack certain other pieces of old hardware.  I am not trying
to get rid of the pieces I have, but am looking to acquire the pieces I
lack.

I have a 14" amber-on-black monochrome monitor which requires an
actual monochrome display adapter with output via a DB9 jack.  I am
interested in finding a suitable adapter, preferably ISA (although PCI
versions are probably rare or non-existent).

I have a Sony CDU-31A CD-ROM drive which requires a Sony CD-ROM
interface card.  I understand that some older soundcards have this
interface built-in, although I am wary of getting anything other than
the genuine article working under Linux.

Please let me know if you can help me find either of these pieces of
hardware, particularly the MDA.

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--