[UFO Chicago] ppp0 hanging

John Kilbourne jkilbour@pol.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:42:21 -0500 (EST)

I added the "adsl-start" line to /etc/rec.local, and am able to get to
the web ok after booting, but ppp0 interface still times out in the
boot process. What is making the boot process not see ppp0, or not see
it right after eth0? (and what is ppp0?)

To respond to some of the comments about newbies and the linux
community, my experience has been very positive, not just at UFO. The
problem is not that people aren't helpful, it's that I can't
articulate the request for help in a way that is effective. The
discipline of formulating questions has screened a good portion of
them from the outside community. In other words, I figure out the
answer, though usually in the 2 minutes immediately following a post.