[UFO Chicago] very newbie 'nix question

Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:21:06 -0600

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 11:01:30PM +0000, Sean Neakums wrote:
> Please don't Cc me on list mail.  Better still, get a client that
> understands the Mail-Followup-To header.

Hear Hear, I really can't stand it when people do that. For me, it's
an even bigger annoyance, because my procmail sorts mail based
primarily on what is in the To: header. When someone sends a follow to
one of my mail messages, I get two copies in my spool directory, and
none in the mailing list's mailbox.  Granted, I could double the size
of my .procmailrc to make it sort by ether To: or Cc:, or deliver
email from people who use mailers with that misfeature to the bit
bucket.

I think the best way to handle it is to add yet another annoying
behavior to the 'bad nettiquite' list and see if that doesn't fix the
problem.

--=20
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Life is wasted on the living.