[UFO Chicago] another very newbie 'nix question

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
26 Jan 2002 19:50:42 -0600

Windows uses ^R^M at the end of lines, where Unix uses just ^R (and Mac
uses just ^M).  The dos2unix program is one program that will strip
these for you (or add them).  They usually don't do any harm.