[UFO Chicago] Re: aactual nature

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:54:14 -0600

True, but in that case the white space is not acting as a space
character, but as part of a visual (graphic) image.  Therefore the data
in question is not a given ASCII character, but a given visual element.
The visual data is a rectangular image, or rather the bit-wise
representation of that image.  So if you crop the image (remove white
space), then you are altering the image.  If you compress the image
compared to its baseline encoding system, then you are manipulating the
bits, and it is therefore compression.

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)