[Fwd: Re: [UFO Chicago] [Fwd: NYTimes.com Article: Supreme Court to Intervene in Internet Copyright Dispute]]

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:09:24 -0600

I think Nate meant to send this to everyone. :-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [UFO Chicago] [Fwd: NYTimes.com Article: Supreme Court to
Intervene in Internet Copyright Dispute]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:19:47 -0600
From: Nate Riffe <inkblot@movealong.org>
To: Larry Garfield <lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu>

Quoting Larry Garfield:
> Who's taking bets on how the SC will rule?
>

> Supreme Court to Intervene in Internet Copyright Dispute
> February 19, 2002

Well, it depends.  What style of betting do you want to do.  We could do
a simple "in favor of the status quo" or "in favor of the rights team"
or we could do a spread based on the number of justices who are a party
to the majority and dissenting opinions.  Or we could - and this is my
personal favorite - do like they do at horses races and (for example)
put 5 to 1 odds on Rehnquist being a part of the majority and 8-1 that
he writes the opinion.  If we DO go that route, who here has the booking
experience to properly account it?

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/
>--
"damn the world to hell."  --xavii aka bob