[UFO Chicago] New Linux Website

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
07 Dec 2002 10:40:14 -0600

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 23:31, Nate Riffe wrote:
> At best, I might describe this as sniping, and I'm going to go out on
> a limb and say that I think that people engage in it because they are
> afraid that their editor of choice might not be The Best Editor In The
> World, but are so steeped in its idiosyncracies that they could never
> try the others to find out.

I think you are confusing this thread for a real discussion/argument.
You should view this thread as you might view a reproduction of Hamlet.
You don't watch it because you're wondering who killed the king.  It's
all about presentation, there's no conclusions that are coming out of
this discussion.  The production may not be all that good, but it allows
the participants to take part in a tradition that has a long history.

This is not to say this all is a good use of posting time.  But I think
you read an aggressiveness into the discussion that isn't really there.

  Ian