[UFO Chicago] New Linux Website

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
06 Dec 2002 03:32:27 -0600

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 23:44, Nate Riffe wrote:
> Why are otherwise intelligent people so compelled to argue about text
> editors?

I spend a lot of time in my text editor.  If I was the more productive
person I wish I was, I'd spend nearly all my time in a text editor,
eschewing petty mail reading and web browsing... so of course we should
have opinions on this stuff.

In the course of this, the more time I spend in the text editor, the
more time I spend in my chair.  We should debate more vigorously on the
merits of different chairs.  I don't believe in arm rests on chairs, for
instance... arms at rest are the devil's playground!  Counterpoint?

  Ian