[UFO Chicago] Kernel Fun on thursday anyone?

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:59:29 -0500

Quoting Robert Moses:
> Thanks for the help last meeting with my root password brain freeze!
> I'm still wet behind the ears w/ a lot of things linux...
> so, if anyone likes playing w/ the kernel if was thinking about taking
> a stab at compile 2.4.18 on my laptop and I can bring it to George's.
>
> (of course looking at it for  the first time I almost had a stroke w/
> all the options....read the Kernel-HOWTO but didn't get as much as I
> would have liked out of it......)

I'm sure that between myself and the rest of us at UFO, we can impart
all kinds of knowledge and pseduo-knowledge about the compilation
process, and we just might get a kernel compiled for you by the end of
the night.

What distro are you running? Make sure you have the kernel, headers,
and all the tools you need.

pedro