[UFO Chicago] I give up

Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:17:23 -0600

Well Jordan, I for one, must say, that you really expressed something
that I have been feeling a lot of doubt over in my own mind. I'm glad
you brought it up and not me!

The more time I spend here at work, seeing the cool advances in
Microsoft Active Directory, and the brilliant design of the Systems
Management Server, as well as the dismal and uselss Linux Desktop, I'm
really starting to wonder, a., if proprietary software can really be
all that bad, or b., if the Linux Project really hasn't failed after
all.

I mean, I really like all you guys and whatever, and I enjoy linux for
it's geekiness and stuff, but like, I just want my computer to work,
and I want to be able to play games, and I want to be able to read
word documents. I'm just not convinced that all this stuff is really
what it's cracked up to be.

Thanks for saying what I couldn't say.

Peter