[UFO Chicago] area code database?

Vitaly McLain Vitaly McLain" <vitalym@ix.netcom.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:48:22 -0500

Hi,

Some quick ideas because I am sort of in a rush... ;)

www.attrition.org/tools - Look for the file entitled "areacode.tgz", which
includes a list of area codes and a C program to parse them. It is not very
detailed (as in, 847 is listed as "Illinois"), but it is made-to-parse.

http://decoder.americom.com/ - Web site which does what you want. It's free
(yes, I have found pay web sites that do reverse area code lookups!) and is
very detailed. It's not a file, however, so your best shot would be to write
a script to pull info from their web site.

http://www.aubrett.com/zipdat/db/zipdatdb.asp - I just found these guys
through a search, and for $15 they'll sell you a database of area codes with
latitude and longitude ;) Feel like spending $15 on your project? ;-]

Vitaly McLain <vitalym@ix.netcom.com>
"Am I sick? Perhaps. Am I a dinosaur destined for early extinction? Yeah,
probably."
-- Steve Gibson