[UFO Chicago] Richard Stallman, tomorrow...

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:52:15 -0600

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Richard Stallman, and he'd like to have
dinner with some people after his speech at U of C. I'm planning on
driving my van down there some time around 4:30 or so, meeting him
there, picking him up, and going to Cafe Luciano, which is an Italian
restaurant in the downtown area. The price range is listed as
"moderate," so I'm guessing between $20 and $25 for your meal. The
guests will also be picking up Mr. Stallman's tab, so plan on bringing
a little bit extra.

I'm also going to call and make reservations for the number of people
that RSVP to this email by noonish, tomorrow -- so if you want to go
to dinner with Richard, this is your chance to let me know that
you're interested.

My van can carry 8 (including me), so if other people can drive, that
would be good, depending on if people are planning on riding down with
me from the northside, or if they are planning on meeting me there.

If anyone has any information about Cafe Luciano, parking, or
transportation in that area, that would be appreciated as well.

Finally, remember that Mr. Stallman is an excitable fellow, and while
we don't need to avoid ideological confrontation, he is also our
guest, and we would like to remain on good terms with him. :) It might
be a good idea to come up with a few questions you might like to ask
him over dinner. Please, no trolling, and be nice.

And RSVP to me ASAP.

Peter

         FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- http://www.freesklyarov.org/