[UFO Chicago] so, check out asciiweb

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:11:02 -0600

Since we're talking about templating, I should plug Cheetah
http://www.cheetahtemplate.org, which is a templating language for
Python that I'm involved with.

I've done m4, but ultimately the quoting drove me nuts.  There's no
escapes, so there's no way to express the quoted string "'".  That,
and you constantly have to think about how many levels of evaluation
a string is going to go through, to figure out how many quotes the
string needs.  Painful.  It only gets to be a problem if you are
passing large strings around, as I am apt to do with templates (but
not everyone is).