[UFO Chicago] [pedro@tastytronic.net: Re: some nki]

Sat, 26 May 2001 14:37:59 -0500

----- Forwarded message from "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net> -----

Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 02:03:57 -0500
From: "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>
To: Nate Riffe <inkblot@geocities.com>
Cc: "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>
Subject: Re: some nki

Hey, nice plug on the DLUG list -- thanks!

I mentioned the whole community networking thing to some guys at work,
and although my boss was a little on the skeptical side (of the
technology mostly) he didn't rule out the possibility of putting some
kind of rely on top of our building(s). He didn't confirm either.

But what I was thinking (and I can't remember if I mentioned this to you
or not) but what about a box that basically relays the network? It
wouldn't have to be on NPU's lan, it would just recieve incoming signal
and forward it on, as a sort of booster. Is that feasible?

pedro

----- End forwarded message -----

do not write below this line (for office use only)