[UFO Chicago] UFO Meeting an overwhelming success! If you weren't there, you lost!

Fri, 25 May 2001 01:01:19 -0500

This Thursday night's UFO meeting was an incredible success -- we had
175% of our former record attendance! Seven total Users:

Pedro, Jack, Ben, (the veterans) and four *totally new users* -- Eric,
Paul, Tom, and Nate! We had so many people we had to GET A NEW TABLE!
WOW!

But seriously. The evening was a great success, with paralell
conversations ranging from asciiweb to Perl 6 to Ben G's pam hacking to
The USS Arizona to Scandinavian folk music, to (and I think this is the
most exciting topic,) the Seattle Wireless network and the seeds of a
grassroots effort to spread wireless networking all over Chicago, to the
sundry exploits of members of the CHicago computing community.

I (pedro) made impassioned and entertaining plugs for Last Transmission
from Starbase XY003 (http://www.xy003.net/) and robotfindskitten
(http://robotfindskitten.org/).

It was great to see new faces, and to have enough of a critical mass of
people that one could just sit back and listen if one wanted. I hope
that everyone enjoyed themselves, and hope to see y'all again next time
around.

Incidentally, I'm drawing up the new schedule right now.

Yours,
pedro

do not write below this line (for office use only)