[UFO Chicago] Re: [LUNI] Softroad (fwd)

Nate Riffe inkblot@geocities.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:01:51 -0500 (CDT)

The other lost message

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:12:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Nate Riffe <inkblot@geocities.com>
To: Peter A. Peterson II <pedro@tastytronic.net>
Cc: luni@luni.org, ufo@tastytronic.net
Subject: Re: [UFO Chicago] Re: [LUNI] Softroad

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> Just so we have an idea, how many people on this list live in the city
> proper and would be willing to sink some money into a wireless network?
> It should be a given that if you put money into it, you would get
> something out of it -- we're not asking of "investments".

I'm willing to put up some resources, but unfortunately location is not
one of them.  I've got a little cash to toss around, but I wouldn't want
to blow it all on a relay just yet, especially since I have no place to
put it.  I'll have more later anyway.  I live in a first floor apartment
on Sheridan halfway between the Wilson and Sheridan stop on the Red Line.
Out the front windows I can kinda see some high-rise apartments on the
lake through a wall of trees, and out the back I can see my neighbors'
back porches.  In other words, I'm pretty much out of the game until we
get some decent coverage density.  I am more than willing to perform
anazing feats of configuration for anyone whos wants a hand and I would
love to build and test some directional antennas.

-Nate

--

Nate Riffe			Bring me a selection of the finest meats