Fw: [UFO Chicago] Social Life

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:51:07 -0500

Quoting Matthew Sayler:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 11:07:57AM -0500, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:
> > Well, I work at a university doing regular old workstation
> > support/administration (w2k, unfortunately) and perl coding to glue our
> > systems together. I've really only been doing the perl thing for a month
> > or two though.
>
> Which University?

North Park University. It's at Foster and Kimball. Used to be North Park
College, but they changed the name a few years back and reorganized the
structure a bit to be less of a "college" atmosphere. (Although it's
still a lot like a small, private, liberal arts college.)

> By way of introduction.. I work for a smallish ISP in the loop area.  We
> use Solaris and FreeBSD mostly, with NT/2k where we have to.  We also
> use Perl for a lot of the glue that holds together our systems.  It's
> nice and mostly portable, even to NT.
>
> Has there been a round of "what we do"'s recently?

No there hasn't. And which ISP?

pedro