[UFO Chicago] open gl dependencies...

Paul Suda paul@manufaxure.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:55:14 -0500

Well, for now I'm stumped. I'm new to writing autoconf files, so I might
have done something wrong with the GL detection in the configure script.

I'm currently looking at some other free GL applications which use the GNU
configure tools and trying to figure out how they do this sort of thing.
I'll keep you posted on what I find. I hope to have a solution here by the
end of the evening.

If any of you know how to write configure.in files, or know someone who
does, please let me know. I would like to talk to them.

With regards to debian:
That's right, I still have a lame modem connection and doing a network
install is not really an option for me. I prefer to have the installation
media on hand at all times too, I don't want to have to bring my machine to
a network connection every time I need to reinstall. And I like to have it
so I can take disks over to the houses of friends who I intend to converto
to linux.

No broadband access, need for comprehensive distribution that fits on a
reasonable number of CDs. I will be the first to admit that my situation is
less than ideal, but those are the requirements. I'm sure that this is
possible somehow with Debian, but I havn't found it to fit these
requirements as well as Suse. Not that I'm trying to convince anyone that
Suse is better or anything, this is just why I use it.

I will still be happy to compensate anyone who can make me Debian distro
disks with blank disks or the cost of the CD's.

Paul