[UFO Chicago] meeting report - June 14, 2001

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:09:09 -0500

Well, it was a hot time in the old town of Chicago. It's 12:03 at 69
degrees F and 88% humidity, but it was cool in George's tonight.

Attendees:
Mike McCune in a breakout performance as Mike McCune!
Paul Suda in his sophmore release!
Jack Edwards as... Jack Edwards!
Peter A. Peterson as... The Guy With Six DOllars In Change!

Food consumed:
Mike and Jack both had the "Slimmer Salad," which consists of a broiled
hamburger patty, a hard-boiled egg, some cottage cheese, and some
greens. (Maybe something else.)

Peter had the Cheeseburger Deluxe.

Jack, Paul, and Peter had coffee.

Paul Suda showed us all a very cool method of loading the creamer into
your coffee. It will remain a secret until you come to the next meeting.

Seriously though.

TOnight's meeting was cool. We were a little down from last time's
record of 7, but it's quality, not quantity, right? Anyway, we heard
quite a bit about Paul Suda's new Clockwork Programming Language, which
sounds really cool, and very exciting. It boggles my mind that people
can do this kind of stuff. We chatted a lot too on Mike's experiences
writing a technical book for Prentice-Hall. We also trouble shot a
script I'm writing for work, as well as just hung out and had a good
time.

Comments, additions anyone?

Peter

PS: I'm installing Clockwork RIGHT NOW. Why aren't you?

<plug type="obligatory">
"I'm running Debian Stable, so I'm not sure if that made
life any easier for me."
</plug>