[UFO Chicago] Protest on Hold

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:42:16 -0500

Quoting Nate Riffe:
> Hey everybody, it seems that Adobe has agreed to negotiate.  EFF is
> therefore putting Monday's protests on hold.  See http://www.eff.org/ for
> details.

Couple of notes: 1., Nate you should send another message to
wild@eff.org with something like OFFICIAL CHICAGO COORDINATOR in big
letters in the subject so that he sees your message, as I'm sure he's
being flooded right now. But because there's no official information on
their site about Chicago, nothing's getting out about how to contact our
little cabal. You might want to apologize for being pushy, but people
need your address!

2. Simon E. at Luni.org has asked that we move this to the luni-d list
-- you'll note that I changed the cc up there.

3. Are we still meeting tonight, or putting that off? We might want to
try to contact TV and/or radio stations anyway and get them cracking on
this case. It seems like it's pretty much only geeks who are talking
about it. It might be good press for teh EFF if people heard that Adobe
bowed to our pressure.

pedro