[UFO Chicago] XP and XT on Linux? (James Clark's, not BillGates's)

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:26:19 -0500

Larry Garfield wrote:
> Um, I think so.  When I typed set at the command line it
> came up properly in the list.  I'll check it tomorrow
> morning anyway.

"set" won't do it, 'cuz it shows what the values are for the shell
process itself, not what it will send on to child processes.  Do an "env
| grep CLASSPATH" or when invoking the VM, explicitly pass the path:
'java -classpath "$CLASSPATH" [other parameters]'.

In order to see what the VM thinks its CLASSPATH is, check the value of
the "java.class.path" system property in some code, e.g.:

    System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));