[UFO Chicago] e-mail help

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:01:16 -0700

begin  Nate Riffe quotation:
> Then at about the beginning of April, RedHat started charging for
> access to their servers.  What do you know, now I'm running Debian,
> and I installed it all using apt-get and dselect.  Actually, I
> haven't rebooted yet, so some of my VTs still have the RedHat issue
> on the screen.  It's kind of a trip to switch back and forth and see
> different issues from different distros on the same box.

	Wow, so how exactly did you pull this off?  Did apt-get know
enough to play games with the already-installed packages?  Is it
fairly easy to go from Red Hat to Debian the way you did?  I used to
unpack the base tarball onto a spare partition and upgrade that way.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!