[UFO Chicago] TRON Special Edition 20th Anniversary DVD

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:18:32 -0600

Precisely.  The studio made its investment back several times over
already.  The cost of producing the DVD, plus shipping, packaging, and
so on totals maybe $4.  25% profit margin brings the retail price up to
$5.  That's $15 of extortion.  I somehow doubt that Bruce Boxlightner
(one of the original "artists") sees a dime of that.  (And my apologies
to TRON and Babylon 5 fans alike if I misspelled his name.)

Although the Free Speech argument against DVDs in general is perfectly
valid as well. ;-)

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)