[UFO Chicago] chicago-area high speed internet

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
04 Dec 2001 00:47:01 -0600

I can't speak to any spam issues, but I've had DirectTV for a while, and
it's been okay.  I'm not clear who other DSL providers use as their
basic provider -- I'm guessing it's just Covad and Ameritech left.  Ever
since I got switched to Ameritech from Rhythms the quality of the
connection has gone down significantly -- the connection gets dropped
from time to time and sometime's it's strangely slow.

But, it is cheaper than Speakeasy, the gateway is nice and easy to
configure, and you don't have to buy a modem.

Now, that said, if you have any other sorts of questions about
neighborhoods in Chicago or something, feel free to ask that too.  We
don't spend quite all of our time in front of computer screens :)  Most
of us live on the North Side.