[UFO Chicago] Code Weavers' CrossOver Plugin

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 00:28:52 -0500

Saw the /. posting yesterday and decided to check it out.  Wow... a nice
piece of work.  It's pretty funky being able to run that oddball shaped
Quicktime player under X.  Interestingly, the test movie which sits on
your hard drive was the only one that had regular hiccoughs in playing;
stuff off the 'Net play just fine.  Also, I haven't been able to figure
out a way to make the window not be sticky (it insists on being on top
of all other windows and visible on all desktops) under Sawfish.  And,
when it has focus, it seems to eat my window manager keyboard commands.

I don't have any overwhelming need to watch QT movies or use other
Windows-only plugins, but it's nice to have and I saw it as a decent way
to help fund a nice piece of free software.

Oh, yeah, have I mentioned that Ogg files kick ass?