[UFO Chicago] LCDs and Linux

Elliot Shank clonezne@galumph.com
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 17:15:11 -0500

Larry Garfield wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with LCD monitors under Linux?  Are
> there any gotchas that I need to keep in mind?  My assumption is that
> they're either as cranky as video cards or as easy as keyboards, but I
> don't know which. :-)

Not under Linux, but we've got an unbelievable quantity of NEC MultiSync
LCD1830s at work running with Matrox G400s under NT4.  And let me tell
you, I am disappointed.  I don't know about other displays, but stay
away from this one.  Ghosting, burn-in (it's like the return of the
bad-old days of CRT burn-in), pixels dropping out.  Yucko.  Stay away.