[sklyarov-chicago] [alphageek@mediaone.net: RE: [free-sklyarov] Chicago Protest Report]

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:14:31 -0500

Quoting Nate Riffe:
> I'll go.  On the weekend we would probably do better to hit the water
> tower, theatre, Navy Pier, and restaurant areas.  What do you think
> about the museum campus?  Also, we know that leafletting and
> protesting in the plaza is ok in part because it is public property.

And we should consider hitting lawyer-heavy areas from the bar assoc.
meeting.

> 1) Are sidewalks considered sufficiently "public" (I know they are
> technically public, but there are businesses operating very close to
> the sidewalk that generally consider the sidewalk part of their "image
> space" or whatever you want to call it)

I think they are, because that's where the federal security guy moved me
yesterday.

> 2) What spaces are definitely public?

I don't know. I think most sidewalks are though, even in front of
buildings.
         FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- http://www.freesklyarov.org/
         In prison for exercising his right to "fair use."