[sklyarov-chicago] Protest Organization

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:48:05 -0700 (PDT)

'Out in left field crazy' on a banner is not always a
bad thing.

Remember, in leafletting/banner protest (without
walkabout), the goal is to engage the public in
discussion/conversation and give them a leaflet, while
getting an agreement from them as to the injustice of
the situation.

Anything that gets them to stop, take a leaflet (or
walk up to you and ASK for one) is a good thing.

Finally, when you're leafletting, the aim is to have
the person walk away with the concious AND unconcious
conviction that the situation you are promoting or
opposed to is 'unjust.'  You want some 'Rage Against
the Machine,' and some conviction of purpose, as they
walk away.  Better yet, you want them to DEMAND a
leaflet.

But first you have to wake them up.

Mike