[sklyarov-chicago] Protest Organization

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

Could someone get a note out to the
http://www.freesklyarov.org/
site before too long?

Boston, LA, St. Paul, NYC and San Francisco are
already up.  We might also take a look at the designs
(directions/pictures to events, standard handouts) on
those sites.  The pictures of the approach and site in
Boston are especially useful, as well as a map (NOT
MapInfo!, BTW).

We should also come up with a simple to understand
message.  Since I'm getting a lot of push-back on the
anti-corporate, anti-Adobe stance, I'll volunteer to
drop that.  However, it should be noted that there is
a GREAT DEAL of difference in the messages we are
getting out to the uncaring, mass of sheeple that is
the American electorate.

We need a easy-to-understand (at a 6th grade level),
clear and concise message that has some emotional
resonance with the public.  We're missing the boat,
and now some are suggesting diluting our message of
being anti-DMCA.  We need to be clear and concise.
Think 'elevator presentation.'  Think 'seven words or
not at all.'

Some suggestions are 'Consumers have no rights,'
'Russians are freer than you' and 'Free the Russian
Programmer'

We need to keep the momentum, make our purposes and
goals clear to those that we are addressing, and
present a united front, internationally.

After all, the corporations and other enemies of
Freedom are.

Mike