[sklyarov-chicago] [fegray@npl.uiuc.edu: [DOchsner@beacon.org: AAP opinion on Sklyarov not shared by publishers]]

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:14:40 -0500

Quoting Michael Cannon:
> Oh...we got 'em on the ropes...somebody FAX this to
> the newsrooms (I don't have a FAX) and start calling
> the pressrooms with the statement 'Former
> Congresswoman Patsy Schroeder was just rebuffed VERY
> embarrassingly and VERY publicly by one of the members
> of the organization that she is President of?"  Then
> read them the story.
>
> Email slashdot and TechTV and CNNinteractive and the
> rest of the geek press with the same message.  MAKE IT
> PERSONAL.  The public loves that.

What's funny is that the IEEE and the ACM -- both big technology science
professional groups are members of the AAP -- and both VERY anti-DMCA.
They're working on letters, I think. Or are being encouraged to do so.

pedro

   FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- FBI has imprisioned a Russian software
   engineer for promoting and teaching the concept of "fair use".
Read more: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010719_eff_sklyarov_alert.html