Fwd: Re: [sklyarov-chicago] [ssteele@eff.org: Re: Why Mueller? Can You Say 'Pressure Point'?]

Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

1.  I trusted them at the time.

2.  Mitch Kapor has been at this for YEARS with no
forward momentum.  He's been colllecting money and the
laws are still on the books and DMITRY IS STILL IN
JAIL!!!  The 'whole thing'  is the idea of a 'stalking
horse (not Sun Tzu).'  The EFF is the cover for the
bread and circuses act, to show something is being
done to further 'the cause,' while inertia builds up
and the laws aren't challenged.  The EFF has been
ineffectual.  This is our best hope to keep the cause
in the spotlight and they're 'negotiating.'  Tomorrow
is TEN days.

In short, we're being spun by the very people who we
trust to act on our behalf.  The EFF lobbied the
'rejectmueller.com' folks to stop and redirect at an
ASSISTANT US Attorney, not the guy in charge!
Conclusion:  Mueller is their guy, too.  Remember the
Wired article (link:
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,45522,00.html)

Here are some more about Mueller:

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/mueller2,9,00.htm

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/1999/July/319dag.htm

When it comes to the DMCA, this guy is Ashcroft and
the AAP/MPAA/BSA 's dream boy!!!

NOTHING can get more press running to post to deadline
than a Cabinet confirmation (except for a Supreme
Court nomination) and the EFF is urging us to 'calm
down.'

We've accomplished more in three days than they have
in three years!  Adobe caved BEFORE the EFF meeting,
because of the threat of the boycott and the
demonstrations.  Go look at the dateline of the PR
release.  It takes DAYS to get that kind of release
out of a corp like Adobe...it was pre-prepared.  We
did it ALL!!!

PLEASE remember:  Dmitry NEVER had to go to jail.
Adobe could have protested his entry visa a month
before DefCon 9 to the State Department and he never
would have been allowed in the country.  Instead,
Warnock and company lobbied Mueller (actually,
probably started with Ashcroft, but we'll NEVER prove
that without a LOT of FOIA paperwork) for his arrest,
rather than a writ of exclusion from the State
Department.

I'll keep repeating that, Peter until you see the REAL
tragedy here.  What I don't understand is why YOU are
so hesitant to go after a corporation and people like
Mueller.  They amke PERFECT targets to get the 'Joe
Six-Packs' up in arms.  Rich white geeks with
doctorates, and the FBI...that appeals across ALL
demographics.

Mike
--- "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net>