[sklyarov-chicago] from Adobe

Igor Matlin legalalien@runbox.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:54:08 GMT

I have to agree with Michael on this one.  Adobe shouldn't be allowed to ge=
t off the hook that easily.  I'm convinced that the only reason they "backe=
d down" is that they consider mission accomplished.  Every news outlet had =
a headline today talking about Adobe's call "for the release of the hacker.=
"  They [Adobe] know very well that their call is worth next to nothing leg=
ally, and they're simply trying to play the good guys now.

I would keep pressure on Adobe until they publicly admit that this whole th=
ing was a mistake (not just that "it's no longer productive to prosecute"),=
 apologize to Dmitry and his family, and offer legal and financial assistan=
ce in case USDA office does not drop the charges.

-Ig.

> You folks really don't understand how this workded, do
> you?
>=20
> Adobe ACTIVELY lobbied for the law.  They continue to
> lobby for its continuation.  They pressured the US

[snip]
=20
> Do you see that the arrest and illegal detention of
> this man was their purpose all along?
[snip]

Runbox Mail Manager - www.runbox.com
Free online email application