[sklyarov-chicago] from Adobe

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:48:03 -0500

Quoting Michael Cannon:
> Tough.  They brought this on themselves, when they
> pressured Mueller.  Their stock price is intimately
> tied to .pdf and Acrobat.

I acknowledge that. But I think a protest that is focusing on a small
number of unified goals is better than a group that shouts 5 different
things that to the uninitiated may seem unrelated. Also, boycotting
Adobe right now does not help us meet our immediate goals.

> Continue the boycott and expand it to the members of
> the BSA, the RIAA, the AAP, and the MPAA.  Call for
> civil disobedience...and don't just target the
> DMCA...lets go after the whole troika (DMCA, EULA,
> UCITA).

I'm not going to call for civil disobedience, and I'm not going to be a
part of a protest that does -- at least not until there is no other way.
We need to stay focused and stay civil -- getting too carried away is
not going to help matters.

pedro