[sklyarov-chicago] Future Plans...?

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:55:47 -0500

Hey all,

What future plans should there be regarding Dmitry? I think we should
wait a day or two and see what the DoJ decides to do regarding him,
since Adobe has asked the FBI to release him.

Are people willing or interested to possibly go downtown again in the
future and do this again, with a specific focus on the DoJ dropping the
charges, or what are your thoughts?

Interesting to note that Mueller, the FBI prosecuter who is handling the
case, is GW's top pick for head of the DoJ. (Or is it the FBI?) Anyway,
his confirmation is coming up relatively soon.

pedro

   FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- FBI has imprisioned a Russian software
   engineer for promoting and teaching the concept of "fair use".
Read more: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010719_eff_sklyarov_alert.html