[sklyarov-chicago] RE: Cells

Nate Riffe inkblot@geocities.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:14:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Michael Cannon wrote:

> Anybody bringing megaphones?  What's the policy on
> whistles?

I think presence is all we really need.  Making loud noises of any kind is
likely to make the police suspicious us our intentions, which is not what
we want.  It should be clear to everyone who is observing us that we have
no intention of starting a riot or damaging anything.  We should be the
kind of crowd that random nervous passersby would feel comfortable
approaching.  That's how information spreads, by getting people to ask us
what we're doing, not by scaring them away.

-Nate