[sklyarov-chicago] Re: Chicago protest

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:57:19 -0500

Quoting Tony Becker:
> I'm interested, but it sounds like the EFF call-to-protest is
> officially off for Monday.  No location, no other protesters, etc.  I
> was thinking of writing my congresspeople and calling it a day.  Are
> you proceeding anyway?

The feeling on the free-sklyarov list (the general list at zork.net) is
that we lose momentum by calling the protest off for Monday -- so it's
better to go ahead. EFF withdrawing from the protest seems to be so that
they can have a table talk with Adobe (Adobe wanted them to call off the
protest) -- and so the regular masses feel like it is still in their
(and Dmitry's) best interst. However, instead of protesting Adobe in
particular, we will focus on Dmitry's plight and the DMCA -- not
demonizing Adobe for their actions... yet.

So in short, the protest is still on, for Monday, 11 AM by the Dirksen
Federal Building downtown. The list of interested parties for Monday's
protest is still growing.

pedro