[sklyarov-chicago] Just to get you up to speed

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:19:59 -0500

Ok, we just started the sklyarov-chicago list, but here are the plans to
date:

Tomorrow, we'll be faxing press releases to local media outlets
regarding both the sklyarov case as well as our protest Monday morning
in front of the federal building downtown.

Sunday people should prepare their signs and other items for Monday
morning. Images and text will be available for those who are able to
print documents themselves and bring them, and organizers will bring
handouts as well showcasing the situation on one side and giving a more
detailed report on the backside.

Demonstrators are encouraged to make their own cardboard signs with
tasteful and terse slogans, like: "FREE DMITRY" and "REPEAL THE DMCA!"
and NOT things like "F*CK THE MAN". We are technologically-aware
patriots who are trying to use the channels of peacable demonstration to
make our voice heard and release a friend and comrade. (ha ha)

"official" instructions will be forthcoming.

pedro

   FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- FBI has imprisioned a Russian software
   engineer for promoting and teaching the concept of "fair use".
Read more: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010719_eff_sklyarov_alert.html